- Feathers: The Evolution of a Natural Miracle, by Thor Hanson (2012).
- The Crossley ID Guide to Raptors, by Richard Crossley, Jerry Liquori, and Brian Sullivan (2013)
- The Birds of Borneo by Karen and Quentin Phillips (2011)
These are just a few of the most recent additions to the Hampshire Bird Club Library. Our collection consists of hundreds of books, videos, audio tapes, periodicals, DVD’s and even vinyl LP’s, all housed at the Hitchcock Center for the Environment in Amherst and available for loan by members.
The collection includes:
- field guides (local, regional, national and even international)
- life and natural histories
- bird-finding guides from all over the world
- birding adventures
- how-to resources
- picture books
- murder mysteries and
- much, much more
You can review the catalog online at library list.
The entire library is accessible any time the Hitchcock Center is open (Hitchcock hours), and you can use our honor system to borrow. If, however, your busy schedule precludes browsing the shelves at Hitchcock, you can just email our librarian, Henry Lappen (email@example.com) who will bring a volume or two of your choice to the next HBC meeting for you!